Thursday, December 4

Kamal Haasan: Chief guest at 39th IFFI


The multitalented actor of Kollywood, Kamal Haasan, and Rekha, the 70's and 80's heart-throb of Bollywood, will be the chief guests at the opening and closing ceremonies of the 39th International Film Festival that begins on November 22nd in Goa. Goa’s Governor S.S. Sidhu, Chief Minister Digamber Kamath, and I&B minister Anand Sharma will also grace the occasions.

Eminent playback singer Lata Mangeshkar, actors Saroja Devi, Dilip Kumar and Tapan Sinha will receive “lifetime achievement” awards this year at this festival which will be hosted by beautiful Bollywood actress Amrita Rao.

Ileana D’ Cruz, famed Tollywood actress of Goan origin, will also be a special guest at this festival.

As reported earlier, 15 films from all over the world have been selected in the competition section and Priyadarshan’s Tamil film Kanchivaram is one of them.

Apart from this, there will also be Indian Panorama, a screening session of 47 renowned Indian films (26 feature and 21 non-feature).

1 comment:

satya said...

Wishing you a "Happy, I love To Write Day." By the way i'm satya a friend of rajesh which you could observe from my url itself.I would like you to visit my website http://satya.friendzworld.com at your free time.I'll also return my favor.I'll also add you in my blogroll as soon you visit mine.Hope you visit soon.