Sunday, October 19

No regrets for DADA


Retiring veteran Sourav Ganguly made it clear that he does not regret quitting the game after the Australia series even though runs continue to flow from his blade but was rather ambiguous about a possible comeback, saying "we'll cross the bridge when we come to it." Ganguly's 16th Test century, although laboured, proved he has not lost his appetite for runs and the left-hander said it was hugely satisfying coming against the world number one team.

But he said it would not have any effect on his decision to retire after the series. "No, it's the right decision and I don't have any regrets," Ganguly said when asked if it made him feel bad that he was leaving the scene despite some cricket still left in him.

Asked why he was retiring when he still is good enough to continue, Ganguly said, "I don't want to play anymore. I have been playing well for the last two years, except that series in Sri Lanka. I feel time has come for me to go." It was when asked about possibility of coming out from retirement that Ganguly was little ambiguous.

"We'll cross the bridge when it comes. As it stands, I'm retiring after this series," he said. The former India captain also said that he was not a victim of any circumstances. "No, it was my personal decision," he said.

No comments: